Frames on Density Plots in Version 7

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95632] Frames on Density Plots in Version 7
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 05:07:33 -0500 (EST)

When I submitted this to support they said they couldn't reproduce the
problem. It may be platform dependent. (I'm working on Windows 32-bit
Vista.)  In the following plots the upper frame line is missing but the
ticks are present.

DensityPlot[x y, {x, 0, 1}, {y, 0, 1}]

VectorDensityPlot[{Sin[x], Cos[y]}, {x, 0, 2 \[Pi]}, {y, 0, 2 \[Pi]}]

In Version 6 the first one displays correctly, and the second plot doesn't
exist.

This problem is easily corrected by adding an ImagePadding option, but still
it would be annoying to casual users.

David Park

djmpark at comcast.net

 <http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark> http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/