Has anyone tried to use MathLink to receive real-time market data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95664] Has anyone tried to use MathLink to receive real-time market data
  • From: hayes.tyler at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 06:19:24 -0500 (EST)

Hello All:

One of the great new things in Mathematica > 6 is the curated data.
Defintely having access to the curated historical data is a great
feature, however, providing access to analyze real-time would take
this feature to the next level. I was wondering if anyone has used
Mathematica (via MathLink I assume) to access the free real-time feeds
from OpenTick (check their website).

I would love to see this kind of thing as a permanent feature of
Mathematica, and am contemplating submitting it as a feature
request....would anyone else use something like this?

Would love to hear your thoughts.

Cheers,

t.