hotkeys / inkey

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95682] hotkeys / inkey
  • From: anmarfu at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 06:48:12 -0500 (EST)

hi, i've been told that
mathematica 6 (which actually i don't own, i can seldom use it at
campus)
can accept input by pressing a key without pressing return,
(something similar to the inkey$ command of gwbasic).

could you please explain me how to do with a simple example?
mind that i'm not at all an expert user of mathematica language.

it could be enough if you could show me how to obtain a string,
displayed on an output cell of the notebook adding the carachters i
type without waiting for the return ...

by the way, if i look for this feature for other systems, which term
should check? hotkeys?

thank you very much

anm