Re: two plots in Mathemtica 7. Bug?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg95750] Re: two plots in Mathemtica 7. Bug?
  • From: Jean-Marc Gulliet <jeanmarc.gulliet at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 05:02:00 -0500 (EST)

In article <glj880$dhn$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "sv07171024" <steven_504 at telenet.be> wrote:

> when I execute
>
> << ComputationalGeometry`;nodes = Table[Random[], {20}, {2}];
> DiagramPlot[nodes] ; PlanarGraphPlot[nodes]
>
> in Mathematica 7 I only get the latter (the Delaunay diagram), while,

This is the correct --=and expected--- behavior since Mathematica 6.0,
for a ";" semicolon prevent the display of results returned by
expressions and graphics are no longer side-effects: graphics outputs
are the result of evaluation, so they can be turn on or off as any other
expressions.

> IIRC, Mathematica 6 showed both.

No, see above for explanation. Also, to display graphics in coupound
expressons, you must use Print[].

> I found that I could get both plots if
> I add a second semi-column between the plot statement. In this case
> they are put side by side rather than above each other, with the
> semi-columns between them.  A bug?

Not sure about that one.

Anyway, either of below examples will display both graphs in separate
output cells.

<< ComputationalGeometry`;
nodes = Table[Random[], {20}, {2}];
DiagramPlot[nodes]