Re: comments on Wolfram Alpha

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100405] Re: comments on Wolfram Alpha
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 06:49:28 -0400 (EDT)

In article <h00cuf$pf6$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 "Ingolf Dahl" <ingolf.dahl at telia.com> wrote:

> letters fit better as direct feedback to Wolfram or as letters to the
> WolframAlpha Community. What is the opinion of the Moderator here?
>
> [I am open to comments on this issue - what rules should
> apply? -- Moderator]

No strong opinion on the question of splitting Mathematica and Alpha
into separate forums (can see arguments either way) ---but as someone
who finds newsgroups immensely better than email lists for this (or any
similar) type of public discussion, I hope that whatever you do will end
up with all such forums existing as (or mirrored to) plain old Usenet
newsgroups.