setting selection via char positions and setting its background color

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100421] setting selection via char positions and setting its background color
  • From: meitnik <meitnik at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 01:10:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
Ok, I can found out this works nicely:

SetOptions[NotebookSelection[InputNotebook[]], Background ->
LightBlue]

but what I really want is a way to set the selection of via position
of chars:

charpos= {12, 23} ;
SetOptions[NotebookSelection[charpos],  Background -> LightBlue]

Is there a way to do this kind of action? I want to set the background
via code via char pos. Thanks.