Polygon Union

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100484] Polygon Union
  • From: David Skulsky <edskulsky at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 03:03:33 -0400 (EDT)

I am looking for a Mathematica function which generates the union of
two (not necessarily convex) polygons.  I found a package on the web
(the Imtek library, I believe) which includes a convex polygon
intersection function, but not a polygon *union* function.  Does
anyone know if such a function is available or, if not, can anyone
suggest an algorithm to implement in Mathematica?

Thanks in advance,

David Skulsky