Coding for Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100555] Coding for Mathematica
  • From: FAQneeds <thegodfather7769 at aol.com>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 02:04:39 -0400 (EDT)

Im a first time user of Mathematica. So im trying to put in a command related to Newton's Method. I would just like to know if once im done typing this command in am i suppose to see the results immediately or do i have go to something in the program to see the results of my command. Here is the Code please can anyone tell me what im doing wrong i will be really grateful:

In[1] :=(*your name,06/06/09*)
In[2] :=(*Newton's Method*)
In[3] := f[x_] := x^2 - 2
In[4] := x[1] = 1.0