Re: Re: interfacing odd usb device to mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100558] Re: [mg100547] Re: interfacing odd usb device to mathematica
  • From: "Scot T. Martin" <smartin at seas.harvard.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 02:05:12 -0400 (EDT)

I have wondered why Mathematica does not support my i/o capabilities that
can be readily used with a wider range of hardware. My specific
application is the kind of things that are typically done with LabView.

Mathemaica's built-in Java would seem to be the streamlined way to gain
access to these i/o capabilities.

You might already have a better MathLink idea in mind if you're big into
C, etc., but if not, I think the "way to start" is to use Java and the i/o
packages that are available for it.

Not 100% sure since I haven't done this---I have only thought about doing
it---I'd be interested if others have more efficient suggestions.