Re: Re: directionfields from StreamPlot looks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100567] Re: [mg100531] Re: directionfields from StreamPlot looks
  • From: Murray Eisenberg <murray at math.umass.edu>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 02:06:52 -0400 (EDT)

At the end of your message (below), you ask about visualizing Poincare
maps. I recommend you look at Gianluca Gorni's notebook PoincareMaps.nb
(which includes the code for a corresponding package). There's a version
for old versions of Mathematica at Gorni's web site:

   http://sole.dimi.uniud.it/~gianluca.gorni/

I've done much of the revision of that notebook so that it will work
with Mathematica 7, but there's still some work to do about which I've
written directly to Prof. Gorni. If you're interested, I can send you a
copy of what I have so far.

However, to run Gorni's functions, you'll also need a copy of David
Park's non-free but marvelous and useful Presentations package, which
handles much of the underlying graphics.  You can obtain the package
from Park's site:

   http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/DrawGraphicsPage.html

The posted copy of Gorni's package uses Park's older DrawGraphics
package, which like Presentations is not free and is available from the
same site of David's.

Murray Eisenberg                     murray at math.umass.edu
Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
Amherst, MA 01003-9305