Re: What should be a simple task....

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100716] Re: What should be a simple task....
  • From: AES <siegman at stanford.edu>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 21:42:33 -0400 (EDT)

In article <h0p7eb$er$1 at smc.vnet.net>,
 Mike Bryniarski <melondisco at gmail.com> wrote:

> I've had problems with this too.  Exporting Mathematica graphics into
> Office 2007 programs in a vector format is kind of a pain. The best
> way to keep the graphics looking good is to keep them in Mathematica.

I'd again put in a strong plug for putting them into PDF, then
organizing, editing, *and presenting* them using nothing but Adobe
applications.

I've had a few troubles (eventually solved) getting graphics out of
Mathematica and into PDF -- but never _any_ troubles using, modifying,
and re-purposing these graphics further using Acrobat, Illustrator and
Photoshop Elements (and iView MediaPro as my basic organizing and
cataloging tool).