Re: Extracting contour values from ContourPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100830] Re: Extracting contour values from ContourPlot
  • From: dg <davide.guarisco at gmail.com>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2009 05:37:40 -0400 (EDT)

On Jun 14, 4:08 pm, "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devr... at gmail.com>
wrote:
> You can use the option ContourLabels -> All to label the contours. A
> legend such as in multiple-line plots doesn't make sense for contour
> plots as it would require every contour line to be distinct (with
> varying colors and/or dashing) which woulde be dead ugly.
>
> Cheers -- Sjoerd

No. Because of the shading of the contours, it is easy to identify
each contour line, they do not need to be distinct.

Perhaps I wasn't very clear in my OP. I know I can label the contour
lines WITHIN the plot. That's NOT what I want. (The reason is that the
plot I want to make gets then transformed into a ring). What I want is
a separate legend with the contour values.