Re: How to use R within Mathematica

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100841] Re: How to use R within Mathematica
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:49:30 -0400 (EDT)

Yes, I guess that I would have to agree with you Murray.  (I didn't
look at the overall pricing structure of RLink, but did feel that $200
was a decently low price.)

I generally think that academic, non-commercial, non-profit, and
retirees should have a 30% or greater discount on software....

That's my general policy for what I do  for Mathematica packages and
consulting.

Perhaps scienceops would respond positively to this if asked..

Best,
David

On Jun 15, 5:37 am, Murray Eisenberg <mur... at math.umass.edu> wrote:
> For my own personal use, or for non-commercial academic use, I do not
> find the listed cost of RLink as "very reasonable" -- especially given
> that some of its crucial functionality can be achieved for free using
> the sort of code that Eric Neuwirth posted in this group ().
>
> David Reiss wrote:
> > RLink is readily available at
>
> >http://www.scienceops.com/Rlink2.asp
>
> > However it is not a free application....  though its cost is very
> > reasonable....
>
> > Hope this helps.
>
> > --David
>
> >http://scientificarts.com/worklife
>
> --
> Murray Eisenberg                     mur... at math.umas=
s.edu
> Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
> Lederle Graduate Research Tower      phone 413 549-1020 (H)
> University of Massachusetts                413 545-2859 (=
W)