Re: mergeSort with ReplaceRepeated

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100871] Re: mergeSort with ReplaceRepeated
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 21:54:59 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Luca,

My appologies if I have misjudged you. Indeed, the group regularly
gets asked questions by students that are copied straight from their
assignments, and the wording from your first post seemed to indicate
this was the case here as well.

Anyway, I still think you should become familiar with the basic stuff
before you try to go any deeper.

If you have Mathematica 6 or 7 you'll have a documentation centre
which is full of examples, each of which can be readily modified and
executed. If you are going to use functions like your merge, I'd
suggest at least reading the parts about function definitions.

Cheers -- Sjoerd