Plot contour regions over a globe

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101111] Plot contour regions over a globe
  • From: michaell1 <lo.mikem at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 06:33:25 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I'm in need of some advice and any help would be appreciated.

I'm trying to use Mathematica to plot a representation of coverage areas on top of a representation of a globe. But I would like to have countries outlined on the sphere. I tried the new Geo plot toolbox and to show all the countries uses a enormous amount of resources. This is not quite the solution I am hoping for.

The contour regions plotted over the globe will be inputted as latitude and longitude which brings me to another missing piece of Mathematica. There doesn't seem to be a tool to plot coordinates in 3D. I believe these were all new features in v7 so I hope for many more features to come in the future.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike