Re: Plot with x value in Log

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101209] Re: Plot with x value in Log
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:55:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

        I need to plot an Integral, that i need to solve numerically. I need to plot 10Log10[x] versus result of integral. If i plot

      Plot[nIntegrate[<my func here, in x>],{x,100,1,-1}]

   is easy, but the plot is wrong. i need to do 10Log10 of x, not only x. But if i plot

      LogLinearPlot[nIntegrate[<my func here, in x>],{x,100,1,-1}] the plot is a Log in x, but the values that appear isn't in log...How can i do this? i search alot in google, in help, in anywhere...What i'm doing wrong?

 Thanks a lot

Breno

Hi, Breno,
it is quite unclear what do you want and what is your problem. If you need to plot an indefinite integral,
let us see.
Assume that you need to integrate a Gaussian curve (e.g. Exp[-x^2]. The result is known, it is 1/2 Sqrt[\[Pi]] Erf[x]):
Evaluate these operators:
g[x_] := Integrate[Exp[-x^2], x]
Plot[Evaluate@g[x], {x, 1, 100}]
LogLogPlot[Evaluate@g[x], {x, 1, 100}]
LogPlot[Evaluate@g[x], {x, 1, 100}]

Is its what you need?
Best, Alexei

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

Website: www.iee.lu

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.