MathGroup Archive 2009

[Date Index] [Thread Index] [Author Index]

Search the Archive

Re: Plot with x value in Log

• To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101209] Re: Plot with x value in Log
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:55:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, 

I need to plot an Integral, that i need to solve numerically. I need to plot 10Log10[x] versus result of integral. If i plot

Plot[nIntegrate[<my func here, in x>],{x,100,1,-1}]

is easy, but the plot is wrong. i need to do 10Log10 of x, not only x. But if i plot

LogLinearPlot[nIntegrate[<my func here, in x>],{x,100,1,-1}] the plot is a Log in x, but the values that appear isn't in log...How can i do this? i search alot in google, in help, in anywhere...What i'm doing wrong?

Thanks a lot

Breno

Hi, Breno,
it is quite unclear what do you want and what is your problem. If you need to plot an indefinite integral,
let us see.
Assume that you need to integrate a Gaussian curve (e.g. Exp[-x^2]. The result is known, it is 1/2 Sqrt[\[Pi]] Erf[x]):
Evaluate these operators:
g[x_] := Integrate[Exp[-x^2], x]
Plot[Evaluate@g[x], {x, 1, 100}]
LogLogPlot[Evaluate@g[x], {x, 1, 100}]
LogPlot[Evaluate@g[x], {x, 1, 100}]

Is its what you need?
Best, Alexei

-- 
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.

• Prev by Date: Re: Points In/Out in 3D shapes
  • Next by Date: Re: Re: Take away the sliders
  • Previous by thread: Re: Plot with x value in Log
  • Next by thread: Re: Plot with x value in Log