Re: changing color, size etc on text

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101197] Re: changing color, size etc on text
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:52:43 -0400 (EDT)

Ad 1:
you multiplied Style[ ] with NumberForm[ ]. Actually, you probably
want  "Accumulated Amount" to be joined with the NumberForm. You can
use the StringJoin operator (infix form <>) to do that. But first
convert the NumberForm to a string using ToString.

The # is Last doesn't make sense. There's no corresponding &. Don't
know what you want to do there. So, for the time being it should look
like

Plot[x, {x, 0, 2}, PlotLabel -> Style["Accumulated Amount " <>
    ToString[
     NumberForm[
      Last[#],
      ExponentFunction -> (If[Abs[#] <= 15, Null, #] &),
      NumberSigns -> {"-$ ", "$"},
      NumberPadding -> {"", "0"}
      ]
     ], Bold, Italic, Blue] ]