Re: ListLinePlot Marker Location

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101244] Re: ListLinePlot Marker Location
  • From: Alexey <lehin.p at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 06:07:11 -0400 (EDT)

On 24 Jun, 14:29, "Kevin J. McCann" <Kevin.McC... at umbc.edu> wrote:
> I believe that the markers in ListLinePlot are not centered on the
> actual points. Please see the following example:
>
> s1 = {0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 1, 0, 0, 0};
> ListLinePlot[s1, PlotRange -> All, PlotMarkers -> Automatic,
>   Prolog -> {AbsolutePointSize[10], Red, Point[{7, 1}]}]
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin

You are right. It is a very disappointing bug. The only relief is that
this bug does not affect PDF export (in the only case when export is
made by selecting the graphics and using File::Save Selection
As...::<select filetype PDF>). Unfortunately, Export[] function
produces PDF of much less quality.