publicon

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101215] publicon
  • From: "alexxx.magni at gmail.com" <alexxx.magni at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 06:01:49 -0400 (EDT)

I just finished writing an article using LyX to have - as a final
product - a LaTeX file to submit.
Although I rather like LyX (http://www.lyx.org), since I use
Mathematica so much I was interested in seeing how well it performs in
LaTeX production.

>From what I read in this group I see that I would need to buy
Publicon, but I have a couple of caveats - hope you can help me:

1) from an old post, mathematica people recently stated (February
2008, post by Steve Luttrell ) that:
"...we're still working on publicon. We all got sidetracked trying to finish
M6, but now we're starting up again. We are actively coding a 1.1 release,
and after that we will be integrating it into Mathematica as a paclet to
exploit v6 features, and also as a stand-alone app, Publicon v2."

any fresher news?

2) most important, plain LaTeX export is useless without support for
document classes. Does Publicon supports them? I'm mostly looking for
RevTex4, and IEEEtran. Moreover, it would be useless without the
possibility to add new classes on the fly: often conferences ask you
to download their class package...

thank you for any help...

alessandro