Re: Wolfram | Alpha: Acres per square mile? (oddities)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg101302] Re: Wolfram | Alpha: Acres per square mile? (oddities)
  • From: David Reiss <dbreiss at gmail.com>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 06:36:21 -0400 (EDT)

Actually I believe that there are a number of people at WRI that read
this group regularly and who take it quite seriously as a valuable
resource for feedback from a spectrum of Mathematica users.  As a
result, bugs that we mention here usually end up in the Wolfram bug
database.  This applies for Mathematica.  For Wolfram|Alpha my guess
is that this is less likely to be so.

I think that, with regard to Wolfram|Alpha, whether if one puts a note
in the comments field it has an effect on the design and
implementation of the product is certainly more tenuous--there are far
more users of W|A than of Mathematica.

But coming back to the question of whether Wolfram reads this group,
as we all know, John Fultz participates directly (on his own dime:
thank you John...) and many others at WRI read it regularly to see how
Mathematica users are faring....

--David