Wolfram/Alpha

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97180] Wolfram/Alpha
  • From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 02:39:41 -0500 (EST)

I just read the latest intriguing blog entry on the Wolfram site.
It reports the May 09 opening of the the Wolfram/Alpha site: a sort of
omniscient super google cum curated data, if I understand well.

Does anybody knows a bit more (and is willing to speak :-) ) ?

What I find also amazing is that this project must have engaged a
considerable amount of WRI resources, financial time and human, yet
they managed to keep all this very quiet.

Exciting isn't it?