Re: Notebook that auto-executes when opened?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97310] Re: Notebook that auto-executes when opened?
  • From: Alexei Boulbitch <Alexei.Boulbitch at iee.lu>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2009 05:38:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi,
I do not know the answer to your question as it is. However, I have a
very alike procedure. If you have some Mathematica notebook that already
has been open, you may execute few simple commands that will open the
notebook that you  have in mind, open the cell groups (if any), execute
all executable cells (if any) and return to the initial structure (that
is close cells groups, if any). As the result you have the notebook with
all operators executed when open. In case this may help you, please have
a look below:

nb1 = NotebookOpen[
  "Full_path_to_your_notebook_to_be_open_and_executed"]  (* This opens
your notebook  *)

FrontEndTokenExecute[nb1, "SelectAll"]
(* This selects all cells in it in order to... *)

FrontEndTokenExecute[nb1, "OpenCloseGroup"]                      (*
...open all cell groups, if any  *)

FrontEndTokenExecute[nb1, "EvaluateCells"]
(*  ...and execute all executable cells  *)

FrontEndTokenExecute[nb1, "SelectAll"]                                (*
This again selects all cells in it in order to...  *)

FrontEndTokenExecute[nb1, "SelectionCloseAllGroups"]         (* ...close
all cell groups to represent your notebook in a most compact form *)

You may need or may not need the last two steps. If you have no cell
group structure, you do not need also the step 3.

Have fun and success, Alexei

--
Alexei Boulbitch, Dr., Habil.
Senior Scientist

IEE S.A.
ZAE Weiergewan
11, rue Edmond Reuter
L-5326 Contern
Luxembourg

Phone: +352 2454 2566
Fax:   +352 2454 3566

Website: www.iee.lu

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed or otherwise confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient and have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal from your system. Thank you for your co-operation.