Palettes Remembering Their Positions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97343] Palettes Remembering Their Positions
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 04:24:52 -0500 (EST)

In a recent post I stated that there was a problem with WRI system palettes
remembering their positions.  This was only partially true. The new palettes
do remember their position. It is only the older palettes in the Other
folder, such as Basic Math Input, that do not remember their position. I was
informed by WRI that this was an oversight and this probably will be fixed
in a future update. (I was being something of an old fogy in using the Basic
Math Input palette. I was just used to it. But the new palettes such as
Basic Math Assistant really are better.)

I also suggested that this problem could be corrected by changing the
Security permissions for the Wolfram Palettes folder. This does work, but it
is bad practice to change the permissions on Wolfram installation folders.
So, if you are using the new palettes, there is no problem, and if you are
using some of the old palettes the best thing might be to live with it until
the next update.

David Park

djmpark at comcast.net

 <http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark> http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/