Re: Wolfram/Alpha (Wikipedia page restored)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97419] Re: Wolfram/Alpha (Wikipedia page restored)
  • From: magma <maderri2 at gmail.com>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 04:47:00 -0500 (EST)

> This is odd. I checked it yesterday with the term in quotation marks and
> got 2.1 million. You get 337 today, but I get:
>
> Results 1 - 10 of about 63,100 English pages for "wolfram alpha". (0.17
> seconds)
>
> So it changes from 337, to 63,100 to 2.1 million. I've no idea why that
> is. I'm using the double-quote opperators -i.e "   which I think is the
> correct thing to do.

Typing "Wolfram Alpha" (with quotes) gives me 243.000 hits, different
form all the other numbers.
Most of the hits in the first page are in the local language of the searcher.
So it is very possible that Ingolf from Sweden sees different hits
than David from country X.
I for example do not yet see the wikipedia article cited in google
yet.

Have you noticed that Wolfram/Alpha was not announced in MathGroup by
Wolfram?
I believe my thread was the first on this topic.
WRI is smartly building expectations and interest around Wolfram
Alpha.

It is funny to think that Wolfram Alpha might do for WRI what the ipod
did for Apple: bring the brand into every household.
We shall see.