Re: Mathematica 7.0.1.0 and some General Comments

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97467] Re: Mathematica 7.0.1.0 and some General Comments
  • From: Peltio <peltio at twilight.zone>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 05:34:23 -0500 (EST)

mike.honeychurch at gmail.com wrote:

> when the student graduates he can obtain a home edition for under $300
> -- which seems affordable for someone professionally employed.

If I am not mistaken, this is true when the student/individual is
American or Canadian (and that is a very generous move Wolfram did).
Not so in Central and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and
Africa. This is another quirk of commercial software: it usually is not
equalitarian from a social POV.
Science is, or at least it should be.

cheers,
Peltio