Re: How to map a list on function

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97682] Re: How to map a list on function
  • From: dr DanW <dmaxwarren at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:57:28 -0500 (EST)

> Wow, the speed gain of Tr over Total or Plus@@ is interesting.  Thanks
> for that tidbit!

Hmmmmm.  I was told (by a Wolfram instructor) that Total was supposed
to be faster than Tr.  I ran a couple of tests in version 7.0.1 and
found for a long array of integers that Total was in fact marginally
faster than Tr, but nothing to get too excited about.  This could be a
version dependent thing.

Dan