NMF problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97671] NMF problem
  • From: vaib <vaibhavpanghal at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:55:23 -0500 (EST)

Hi friends,
I am making a project where I have to make use of NMF (non-negative
matrix factorization). But there's a problem I'm facing. Its been
quite some time since I studied any maths. I am getting to understand
NMF slowly but it does not seem to be working. I have a few questions:

1. Kindly tell me some good resources to study NMF and LNMF from. I
would prefer resources that start from scratch.

2. Whats the real intuitive/graphical meaning of the multiplicative
update functions? O! I forget to mention. I only have to study NMF for
minimizing Euclidean distance and KL Divergence.

I understand well through graphs. I need conceptual information on how
this stuff works.

Thanking in anticipation.
Vaibhav