Superscripts in post-processed plot labels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97660] Superscripts in post-processed plot labels
  • From: Curtis Osterhoudt <cfo at lanl.gov>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 04:53:16 -0500 (EST)

Howdy, all,

   I'm not sure if this has been reported before, but adding text to a plot via the editor palette (ctrl-d on my installation, then double-click on the plot, and add text containing superscripts) pushes the thing the superscript is attached to downward, so that the superscript stays level with the surrounding text. This effect persists upon exporting the graphic to a .pdf.

     For example, if I were to put an equation such as "x^2" ( where the exponent is properly superscripted) on a plot, the "x" is pushed below the level it should be and the "2" aligns with the surrounding text.

     This is on "7.0 for Linux x86 (32-bit) (November 11, 2008)", incidentally.

                 Regards,
                     C.O.
Curtis Osterhoudt
cfo at remove_this.lanl.and_this.gov