Internet connectivity -- CountryData

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97691] Internet connectivity -- CountryData
  • From: "Karsten W." <Karsten.G.Weinert at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 02:08:38 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

using Mathematica 6.0, I would like to use CountryData["Austria",
"Shape"] to access country information.

But I get the error message:
CountryData::dlfail: Internet download of data for CountryData
failed.  Use Help > Internet Connectivity... to test or reconfigure
internet connectivity

When I test the internet connectivity, the program says "Connectivity
test succeeded using pacletserver.wolfram.com".

What can I do now? I am sitting behind a firewall and access the
internet via a proxy. Our IT service asks for an address which the
program wants to use.

Any help appreciated,
kind regards,

Karsten.