Re: PlotMarkers bug?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97714] Re: [mg97607] PlotMarkers bug?
  • From: John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 02:12:53 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 17 Mar 2009 04:56:36 -0500 (EST), Solomon, Joshua wrote:
> try
>
> In[1]:=
> ListPlot[{1}, PlotMarkers -> {\[FilledSquare]}]
> click on the output and Save As...EPS.
> When I do that, the FilledSquare isn't actually in the .eps file.
> Does anyone know a workaround?
> PS
> In[2]:=
> {$Version, $ReleaseNumber}
> Out[2]=
> {"7.0 for Mac OS X x86 (64-bit) (February 19, 2009)", 1}

Hmm.  I wasn't able to reproduce your problem on a Mac or Windows machine
running 7.0.1 (didn't try earlier versions, but I know of no reason they should
differ in this regard).

How did you confirm that the \[FilledSquare] character wasn't there?  I tried
opening the resulting image in GhostScript, which showed it without a problem.
However, for example, I know that there have been problems with Adobe
Illustrator not being able to properly interpret some EPS generated by
Mathematica.  Apparently Illustrator only understands some subset of EPS, but
it's not clear to us what that subset is.

Sincerely,

John Fultz
jfultz at wolfram.com
User Interface Group