Re: Re: FullGraphics of Graphics3D

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg97696] Re: [mg97687] Re: FullGraphics of Graphics3D
  • From: "David Park" <djmpark at comcast.net>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 02:09:35 -0500 (EST)

Istvan,

I don't think I completely understand what you are trying to do.

If you are trying to make a side-by-side Row display of two Graphics3D
objects and you wanted the same Axes and Ticks in the two plots, then I
would use the CustomTicks command from the Presentations package and specify
them, along with PlotRange for each of the plots. That way they would be the
same. The CustomTicks command is very easy to use and it automatically
provides the minor unlabeled ticks as well as the major labeled ticks and
you can get just what you want.

If you want to plot two different curves or surfaces in a single graphic,
then that is also easy to do with Presentations. You just draw one item
after another in a single plotting statement.

In custom graphics one simply has to specify each of the elements of the
graphic, and it is easier to do that directly than by trying to extract
elements from some other plot, or one of the plot elements.

David Park
djmpark at comcast.net
http://home.comcast.net/~djmpark/

From: replicatorzed at gmail.com [mailto:replicatorzed at gmail.com]

On Mar 14, 11:39 am, Jens-Peer Kuska <ku... at informatik.uni-leipzig.de>
wrote:
> This function does not exist ?
> You must write your own ...
>
> Regards
>    Jens
>
> replicator... at gmail.com wrote:
> > No idea, anyone?
>
> > Istvan

Dear Jens,

I would, if I had the slightest idea how to extract axis data and
other details from the Graphics3D data. Which I (and others, it seems
so) don't know. Still I could do it the hard way, to manually input
primitives to work as axes, ticks, labels, etc., but frankly, this
does not worth the effort. I was simply interested in how others deal
with the problem, namely: how to combine two 3D graphics such that
they are reproduced in 3D space e.g. side by side, but with their own
Boxes, Axes, and other details as well, not the way Show would do it.
If noone has any idea beside writing it myself, I leave this topic
die.

Istvan