Re: pdf export problem

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg98021] Re: pdf export problem
  • From: hayes.tyler at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 05:41:59 -0500 (EST)

Hi David:

Not much in the way of help here, but moral support. I, too, have had
problems exporting notebooks to PDFs with Mathematica (both 6 and 7).
A couple of things:

[1] For obvious reasons, transparency doesn't work well, but if you
save using the "bitmap" that will solve that problem.

[2] I've contacted Mathematica about the font mappings. Even The
Mathematica Journal doesn't print/export correctly for me. For some
reason it always wants to use Courier, for everything but Times,
despite having verified that all other fonts installed correctly. Some
workarounds,

File -> Printing Options -> Working

might help. Weird thing is, if I use "working," as opposed to
"printout," the fonts map properly, but figures wind up being cut off
and the text wrap doesn't work so well. You also may want to go into
the Options Inspector and hardcode the PageMargins for the "Printout"
option (compared to "Working"). When I get home from work this evening
I will post the actual numbers and option names you can try as
provided by Wolfram.

Hope that helps. If I find anything else that works, I will be sure to
post.

Cheers,

t.

PS - I use a Linux computer (Kubuntu 8.04), and you?