Clear["Global'*"] not working in parallel kernels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99251] Clear["Global'*"] not working in parallel kernels
  • From: AnnaDe <ucapade at ucl.ac.uk>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 05:20:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I'm working on Mathematica 7. I have created new kernels separate to the local kernel in order to be able to run several processes simultaneously on different processors.
It works, in that none of the defined values transfer across kernels, but I seem to have lost use of Clear["Global'*"] which is a little worrying.
Anybody have any idea why this has happened and if there's anything I can do to make it work again?

Thanks

Anna