Re: Export Mathematica->Excel [specific sheet]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99278] Re: Export Mathematica->Excel [specific sheet]
  • From: "Hans Michel" <hmichel at cox.net>
  • Date: Fri, 1 May 2009 05:52:54 -0400 (EDT)

Export to an Excel Format if I recall over writes the previous file.

But if you want to export to a specific location as in your request B2:C3
whatever their RC equivalent is

Try the following
n = Table[i - j, {i, 2}, {j, 2}]
Export["c:\\tfile.xls",
ArrayPad[SparseArray[Transpose[n], Dimensions[Transpose[n]], ""], {1, 2},
""]]

Look at using PadLeft also

This will place 2x2 matrix in position you asked as far as sheet name since
the file name is going to be over written no sense naming it.

If you wish to edit or append to a preexisting excel file then you will have
to treat that excel file like a database an connect to it. And select or
update the row,column in question.

Hans