Re: interactive 3d graphic in a palette?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99302] Re: interactive 3d graphic in a palette?
  • From: dbreiss at gmail.com
  • Date: Sat, 2 May 2009 05:59:19 -0400 (EDT)

The start of an approach:

CreateDocument[Column[
  {
   Button["Close", NotebookClose[EvaluationNotebook[]],
    Appearance -> "Palette"],

   TextCell[Plot3D[x y, {x, 1, 2}, {y, 0, 3}, ImageSize -> 100],
    Deployed -> False,
    CellMargins -> 0,
    TextAlignment -> Center]},
  Alignment -> Center],
 WindowFrame -> "Palette",
 WindowSize -> 130,
 Deployed -> True,
 ShowCellBracket -> False]

key pointer:  when doing something creative in a palette, it is often
best to build it up directly rather than start with PaletteNotebook,
since there are many notebook options automatically set in
PaletteNotebook that you may want to have direct control over...

--David