Re: Introducing the Wolfram Mathematica Tutorial Collection

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99346] Re: Introducing the Wolfram Mathematica Tutorial Collection
  • From: Bill Rowe <readnews at sbcglobal.net>
  • Date: Sun, 3 May 2009 05:22:50 -0400 (EDT)

On 5/2/09 at 5:56 AM, dave at removedbailey.co.uk (David Bailey) wrote:

>Wolfram Research wrote:
>>You asked for it, and we've created it. The much anticipated
>>Wolfram Mathematica Tutorial Collection is now available in a
>>variety of formats to suit your needs: on the web, as PDFs, and, by
>>popular demand, in print.

>>For more information, visit:
>>http://www.wolfram.com/tutorialcollection

>This looks extremely valuable, but why not let people download the
>notebook versions, which were presumably used to prepare the PDF
>files!

If the collection contains the same information as the online
documentation that comes with Mathematica it seems to me users
would already have the notebooks used to generate the PDF files.

If the information in the collection is different than the
online documentation that comes with Mathematica, I agree
downloading the notebooks would be more useful. But in this
case, I am more interested in the differences. That is, I've no
interest in downloading information in PDF format I already have
in notebook format. But I do have an interest in those parts of
the collection that would supplement the existing documentation.