Re: ListPointPlot3D colors from data

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99379] Re: ListPointPlot3D colors from data
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Mon, 4 May 2009 06:01:24 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Karl,

you may do this using the ColorFunction option of ListPointPlot.

Towards this aim you must:

1) ensure that F receives actual and not scaled coordinates. This is

done by the option: ColorFunctionScaling -> False

2) The color function "Hue" takes an argument in the range 0..1.

Therefore you must scale the output of F to this range.

Here is an example:

F[x_, y_, z_] := RandomReal[{-1, 1}];

d = Flatten[Table[{x, y, z}, {x, 0, 3}, {y, 0, 3}, {z, 0, 3}], 2];

ListPointPlot3D[d, ColorFunctionScaling -> False,

  ColorFunction -> (Hue[0.5 + 0.5 F[##]] &)]

Daniel