Re: math glyphs from non-Mathematica font

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99617] Re: [mg99547] math glyphs from non-Mathematica font
  • From: Shiva Kaul <shiva.kaul at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 9 May 2009 03:22:14 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 5:52 PM, John Fultz <jfultz at wolfram.com> wrote:

> Not sure what characters you're talking about, as they seem to have gotten
> muddled in the post.  But if, for example, you're wanting something like
> the
> \[Times] and \[Divide] character to come from another font, I don't believe
> there's a way to do that.

Thank you for the clarification. This limitation is understandable since
Mathematica needs to map various symbols to the nonstandard codepoints in
the Mathematica fonts. But it also halts basically any attempt at custom
typesetting.

It seems the only interim solution is to modify the Mathematica fonts.
Anyone have a mapping from the nonstandard Mathematica glyph codepoints to
the Unicode codepoints?

Thanks,
Shiva