Problem with 3d graphics on Linux

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99648] Problem with 3d graphics on Linux
  • From: nmukh1 at gmail.com
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 05:16:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hello all,
I am running Mathematica 7 on Ubuntu and I have a problem with
outputting 3D graphics.  When I output a 3D graph, say KnotData
["Trefoil"], I get a blank white square.  When I move and manipulate
the graph with my cursor, I can see the 3D graphic, but it is
invisible static.  Does anyone know what is going on?

Also, when I drag a picture onto Mathematica, I am given it's folder
path instead of the picture itself.  When I try to copy and paste the
picture, the same problem happens.  The only solution I have seen is
to actually go to File->Open->Picture.  Anyone know a workaround?

Thanks!