Re: Palette Management

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99763] Re: Palette Management
  • From: meitnik <meitnik at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 05:09:45 -0400 (EDT)

> Andrew, I am curious: how did you input all the native Mathematica names if
> you did not use Mathematica itself to give you the names?
> I mean: if you did not use
>
> Names["System`*"]
>
> to get the names (and then create the palette), how did you do it?

-- LOL The hard, ill-informed way by OCR-ing pdf out put from the
Function Navigator; then later the index page from on-line via copy/
paste. Uggh, Had I known about Names earlier. :-(  Btw, the Doc help
browser failed to find anything using "Function Names" (683 hits), but
no 'Names'. I am convinced the indexing for Help browser is poor;
hence, having the PDFs for deep searching is wonderful. There should
be a testing suite for searching within the Help Browser for
completeness. I hate wasting my efforts, but eventually I got there.
Sigh.