saving initialization cells as a .m file

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99814] saving initialization cells as a .m file
  • From: Baris Altunkaynak <fractaldimension at yahoo.com>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 04:19:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,

I have the following code which runs fine in a notebook:

SuperDagger[A_List] := Conjugate[Transpose[A]]
eqn = {f'[t] == -f[t]^\[Dagger].f[t], f[0] == RandomReal[{0, 0.1}, {3, 3}]};
NDSolve[eqn, f, {t, 0, 10}]

but when I save the first two lines (definition of SuperDagger and eqn) in a .m file and load them with a Get command, although Mathematica loads the definitions, NDSolve doesn't like the input and complains that derivative at t=0 is not defined. Weirdly if I copy and paste the output of NDSolve and evaluate it, it runs fine. Do you know how can I fix this?

best regards,

Baris Altunkaynak