Re: Question about filenames for Export[...]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99834] Re: Question about filenames for Export[...]
  • From: "Lorents" <fdsa at ff.gr>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 06:25:29 -0400 (EDT)

Bob F wrote:
[...]
> Wonder how many different solutions this question will generate?
>
> One way is to use IntegerString and StringJoin in something like:
>
> i = 1;
> filename = StringJoin["MyName", IntegerString[i, 10, 4]]

Wow, that you all for the very many suggestions!
Bob's one-liner quoted above does exactly what I was looking for and worked
like a charm.
I haven't tried all of the other suggestion but they are good material to
get to know about some Mathematica functons I'm not very familiar with.

Thanks again,

Lorenzo