Weird palette stuff, still learning...Help!

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99852] Weird palette stuff, still learning...Help!
  • From: meitnik <meitnik at gmail.com>
  • Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 05:20:51 -0400 (EDT)

hi,

Ok, when I use my large, rich palette via CreatePalette, it just works
fine. All my dynamic stuff works, all my ActionMenus work too. But
once I save the palette and use it 'standalone' after relaunching
Mathematica, it breaks. Dynamic fails and some of the ActionMenus are
not firing when selected. Now, if I evaluate all the key cells from
its source notebook while the broken palette is up, it gets "healed"
and works fine. Please explain to me how coding for a palette works so
all its notebook code fires correctly. Frustrated. Thanks for anyone
to restore my sanity. ;-)