ColorFunction Range (Mathematica v7)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99920] ColorFunction Range (Mathematica v7)
  • From: "Constantinos" <physicist_gr at yahoo.gr>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 06:46:12 -0400 (EDT)

Hi All,

Does anyone know how I can change the "Range" value of a preset
ColorFunction (e.g. "TemperatureMap") in DensityPlot?

I am facing the following problem:

Let's say that the min and max values of your plotting function (not the
color one) are fmin and fmax, respectively. Let's also assume that you set
PlotRange->{pmin,pmax}.
If pmax is lower than fmax then the highest valued color (Red) corresponds
to pmax but if pmax is higher than fmax the highest valued color (Red)
corresponds to fmax. Note that we have similar situation for the minimum
values fmin and pmin.

How can I assign the highest (lowest) valued color of a preser ColorFunction
to the desired value whatever it is.

Thanks in advance.

Constantinos