Re: creating Graphics using ParallelTable[]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99975] Re: creating Graphics using ParallelTable[]
  • From: Jan-Philip Gehrcke <jgehrcke at googlemail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 05:03:27 -0400 (EDT)

Thank you all for your helpful comments!

They encouraged me to look deeper into my Mathematica notebook to
search my failure.. and I got it:

I only distributed `frame` to the kernels. But `frame` is a
GraphicsGrid, depending on two other Graphics objects, depending on
some self-defined mathematical functions, depending on some constants.
Now I gave DistributeDefinitions[] all this stuff - a long list of
arguments -> it works! Now the CPU load goes up to 100% and there is
much overall speedup!

I think during my previous attempt of using ParallelTable[] both
kernels worked, too. But half of the plots just were empty (which did
not cause any observable CPU&RAM load), because plotting an unkown
function works (Plot[sdasdub[x], {x, 0, 1}]) without raising any
error..

Thank you, again,

Jan-Philip Gehrcke