Re: ColorFunction Range (Mathematica v7)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg99958] Re: ColorFunction Range (Mathematica v7)
  • From: dh <dh at metrohm.com>
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 04:59:07 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Constantinos,

try:

DensityPlot[f[x, y], {x, 0, 1}, {y, 0, 1},

  ColorFunctionScaling -> True]

DensityPlot[f[x, y], {x, 0, 1}, {y, 0, 1},

  ColorFunctionScaling -> False]

In the first case, the color function receives a scaled argument in the

range [0,1]. If  ColorFunctionScaling -> False, the color function

receives the actual value of the function, in our case: [0,2], giving

the same color if the value is larger than 1.

You can convince yourself by e.g. changing the color function to:

ColorFunction -> (Hue[Mod[#, 1]] &)

Daniel