Import of NIST ANOVA data sets

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100010] Import of NIST ANOVA data sets
  • From: Adrian <morejunk at theward.com>
  • Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 00:17:38 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

I am using Mathematica 7 and if I bring the data set into Excel 2007
then save it as an .xls file, Mathematica imports the data fine but
the then the ANOVA fails (Error: "ANOVA::arg1:The 1st argument has
unequal columns or rows.").  If I save the .xls file as a CSV file,
import it into Mathematica and run the ANOVA, it runs successfully.
Any ideas on why the xls import is breaking the ANOVA?

Thanks,
Adrian.