Re: Wolfram|Alpha Lookup Tool for Mathematica

I suspect that they are figuring the business w model out as they go
along for some of this.  Also, there is a request form that one
submits to get an API ID and this asks for the sort of use you will
put it to.  I assume that if it is one that is "complex" then the WRI
business team will discuss the scope with you to see if it is in the
realm of something that, for example, should involve licensing fees
(e.e., if you are going to make a bunch of money from it).

Google has an API as well.  And in that case the API ID the they
generate--for the most basic one--for you allows (if I remember
correctly)only a  limited queries per day unless you upgrade to a
higher level of service....

On May 22, 1:45 am, Murray Eisenberg <mur... at math.umass.edu> wrote:
> I see no mention of cost there. Is there a business model behind all this=
?

> dbre... at gmail.com wrote:
> > Yes, Wolfram|Alpha has an API which is described in the document
> > linked from this page:
>
> >  http://www.wolframalpha.com/developers.html
>
> --
> Murray Eisenberg                     mur... at math.umas=
s.edu
> Mathematics & Statistics Dept.
> Lederle Graduate Research Tower      phone 413 549-1020 (H)
> University of Massachusetts                413 545-2859 (=
W)