Re: What happened to StandardForm?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg100139] Re: What happened to StandardForm?
- From: David Bailey <dave at removedbailey.co.uk>
- Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 05:08:57 -0400 (EDT)
- References: <email@example.com>
Kevin J. McCann wrote: > I used to be able to cut and paste a newsgroup example, do a ctl-shift-N > and turn it into StandardForm. This key stroke sequence seems to have > vanished. Any ideas? > > Kevin > It works for me, using Mathematica 7.0 on Windows. I wonder if you are actually encountering this issue with Thunderbird: x circumflex 2 (* where you use the ^ operator! *) prints using normal superscript notation, which looks great until you copy and paste it into Mathematica, when it comes out as x2. If this is your actual problem, a partial solution is to view the message source and copy and paste from that. David Bailey http://www.dbaileyconsultancy.co.uk