Re: update notebook calculations on startup?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg100178] Re: update notebook calculations on startup?
  • From: "Sjoerd C. de Vries" <sjoerd.c.devries at gmail.com>
  • Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 04:07:33 -0400 (EDT)

You can mark the cells as Initialization cells using the Cells/Cell
properties menu.

If you now set the option Notebook Options/Evaluation Options/
InitializationCellEvaluation to true using the option inspector, the
notebook will now auto execute.

Cheers -- Sjoerd

On May 25, 12:17 pm, donkey <psilo_n... at hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm using mathematica to do some calculations on financial data and want =
to know if there is a way to make the calculations execute automatically wh=
en I notebook is open.

> For example I have a notebook with the following code:
> stock1 = "ASX:RHC"
>
> stock2 = "ASX:PRY"
>
> currentDate = {2009, 5, 21}
>
> correlationOffset = -150
>
> DateListPlot[{FinancialData[stock1, "Jan.1,2009"],
>   FinancialData[stock2, "Jan. 1,2009"]}, Joined -> True,
>  PlotLabel -> "Blue -> " + stock1 +  "Red -> " + stock2,
>  FrameLabel -> {"Date", "Closing Price"}]
>
> I would like it to update the graph automatically rather than me having t=
o go through and shift+enter on each of the lines.